Whilst we won’t be running passenger trains, during our railway open weekends you’ll be able to visit the station, shop and cafe, explore our exhibition and view locos and coaches on display in platforms one AND two (for the first time). There will also be work taking place around the railway, with teams of volunteers busy as ever working on restoration projects visible from the platform including the Bodmin Heritage Diesel Group on Saturdays and the Clay Wagon Project team on Sundays.
There is no need to book to visit in advance, but whilst there is no ticket for these open day events we would ask visitors to consider making a suggested donation of £5 to support the railway at this especially difficult time.
Volunteers and staff have been working hard over the last few weeks to get the station ready to welcome visitors back. As you would expect, there are some new measures in place for the safety of visitors and our staff and volunteers, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding when visiting.
We’re very excited about reopening to visitors again, and look forward to seeing you over these coming weekends.
New measures in place for the safety of visitors and our staff and volunteers
The safety and wellbeing of our visitors, volunteers and staff have always been important to us, and to help us keep you safe at this time we have introduced new measures in line with government advice to reduce the risks of COVID-19.
Please take the time to read these before you travel to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable visit to Bodmin General Station.
Before you arrive
- CARD PAYMENTS We are encouraging card only payments in our Café and Shop, preferably contactless.
- DISPLAYING SYMPTOMS We politely request that you do not visit us if you are displaying any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- PARKING Due to work taking place on site, space is even more limited than usual in our small car park. In the event our car park is full, you’ll find alternative parking in the nearby Pay & Display Car Park at Victoria Square (PL31 1EB) or on road parking nearby, whilst being considerate of the railway’s residential neighbours.
When you arrive
- SOCIAL DISTANCING Please respect social distancing when visiting us. We have introduced new arrangements for queues in line with government guidance. You will see floor markings in certain areas and our staff and volunteers will also be monitoring this.
- NHS TEST & TRACE We would encourage you to download the app so you are able to scan our unique QR on arrival. If you do not have the app we will ask you for some information, including your contact details, which will only be used in line with government guidelines for the purpose of Test & Trace. Thank you for your cooperation.
- FACE MASKS AND HAND SANITISER We ask that you wear a face covering in any of the inside areas (our Booking Hall, Café, Exhibition Coach and Shop) unless you are exempt. Please be respectful of those visitors who are unable to wear a mask, not all health conditions or disabilities are visible. You will find a hand sanitising point on arrival, and at other locations around the station. Please make use of them.
- SCREENS We have installed hygiene screens at the tills in the cafe and shop – our traditional Booking Hall Ticket Office already has a handy screen and window in place! These mean our staff and volunteers are still able to serve visitors whilst maintaining social distance.
- STAFF & VOLUNTEER PPE We may be wearing PPE whilst performing a number of routine tasks, including face masks, disposable gloves and eye protection. This is to protect our team and our visitors.
At Bodmin General Station
- ONE-WAY SYSTEMS One-way systems have been put in place to allow you to move around whilst still maintaining a safe distance.
- ENHANCED CLEANING You’ll notice enhanced cleaning measures throughout the day, particularly at high frequency touch points. These are in addition to our usual cleaning measures.
- LIMITED NUMBERS We are limiting numbers in our indoor spaces (our Booking Hall, Café, Exhibition Coach and Shop). The number permitted is indicated at the entrance to each area. You may have to queue and you’ll find helpful markers to help you do this whilst maintaining social distancing. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the station. We hope these new measures give you the confidence to choose to visit us. Thank you for your cooperation in following the rules and guidance from our team.