|Operation:||BR Class 08 Diesel|
|Number:||08444 / D3559|
This Class 08 shunter was built by BR at its Derby works in 1958. It came to Bodmin in full working order, as 08444 in Feb 1987. It had been withdrawn from Cardiff Canton in Oct 1986, and was in standard BR blue livery when it arrived.
It has worked continuously and reliably since, and can normally be found at Bodmin General station, shunting, or out on the line on permanent way trains. It is currently in BR green livery.